About UsLearning Resources, Inc. (LRI) was founded in 1987. LRI's purpose continues to be to provide high quality, proven, employer-validated programs that support the economic and workforce development initiatives of communities, Workforce Boards, colleges, states and employers. LRI's programs provide practical and employer-validated ways to:
- Validly and predictively measure and develop adults' and youth's interpersonal (soft) skills
- Create transcripts of individuals' effective workplace behaviors. Using our technology, employers have done this for over 4,500,000 future or incumbent workers
- Establish skills validation and competency management systems. Learning management is increasingly important to economic development and to organizations that need to know more about the talent of their people
- Provide life and work support resources
- Equip individuals with the learning skills that enable them to better master academic and technical information
LRI's customers, clients and partners include states, communities and industry groups; the firm has worked with the US Department of Labor's Workforce Development Institute, the US Department of Commerce's Economic Development Administration, organizations served and supported by National Skill Standards Board (NSSB) (including the National Retail Federation, American Electronic Association and the Building Linkages initiative), the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), Indiana's Department of Workforce Development, Johns Hopkins University and their partners at the National Science Foundation and the US Department of Labor in support of its WIRED, TAA-CCCT and H1-B grants; other customers and partners include the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), the National Guard, the Hazardous Materials Research and Training Institute, The National Center for Research in Vocational Education as well as schools, colleges, 1-stops and other public and private sector organizations committed to strengthening the nation's competitiveness.
Founder and President
Mr. Lesure's background is in educational publishing and includes
senior management positions at John Wiley & Sons, Publishers, where
as Vice President, he established the Occupational Publishing Division.
He is a frequent speaker at national, regional and state workforce
and economic development conferences and can be reached at: alesure@Learning-Resources.com