Sales Skills-B2B (SAL) with Demo
A window into video-based assessment
The following video simulation is typical of customer service situations found in SAL Sales.
Sales Skills- B2B (SAL) is an industry-validated and video-delivered soft skills assessment program. SAL is used nationally and internationally to measure the competencies required by employers of high-level, B2B sales professionals. The program identifies both the current competencies and the developmental needs of individuals. When skill development is suggested, strategies are identified to support the attainment of those skills. Because of its validity, SAL is used in support of hiring and promotion decisions.
SAL skill sets measured include:
- Analyzing Customer Needs
- Managing the Sales Process
- Influencing and Closing
The participant also listens to a number of objections raised by a prospect and then answers questions regarding what was heard. The questions focus on discerning the relative importance of information and recognizing the need to seek additional information.
A separate section evaluates personal preferences and attitudes toward the demands of a sales job; these include job climate, rewards, benefits and teamwork.
This assessment technology helps employers, trainers and educators address these kinds of critical, work-related issues:
- Does a person have the appropriate attitudes and interests for success in a sales position?
- Can the person use questions to analyze the customer's needs?
- Does the individual listen carefully to recognize essential information relevant to the sale?
- Can the person effectively move the sales process forward?
- Will the individual persist and overcome obstacles to achieve the sale?
The Competencies Measured by SAL and a process to determine which competencies are of greatest importance to local employers appear here. How this process enables workforce professionals to better serve employers is outlined here.
Developing SAL Soft Skills
- The SAL Feedback Report, which is the basic product of our assessment process, identifies individuals’ soft skill strengths and deficits. It provides suggestions for creating individual or group Development Plans to remediate deficits.
- Interview Guides provide scenarios for behavioral interviewing; these can be used by interviewers – and as part of developmental training.
- Tools are provided to support supervisors, mentors and others who work to build individuals’ soft skills post-employment and/or during internships, apprenticeships or subsidized work experience.
SAL Content Information
The SAL assessment tape contains 81 minutes of video during which the viewer responds to 31 work-related questions; 10 listening questions and 21 work preference questions. This tape is recorded in English, Spanish, German, French and Italian.